Saturday 18 September 2010

Tarja singing teacher 2


She is...Mitsuko Shirai.


Soprano and mezzo-soprano Mitsuko Shirai about her pupil Tarja Turunen:

“For the first time I saw Tarja at the entrance examination for the Music University in Karlsruhe. She didn’t even apply for solo singing but I recognized immediately that she is somebody who puts a lot of personal feelings into her singing. I liked that and so I encouraged her not letting herself train to be a choir singer but a lead singer.

"I can imagine that she is a real highlight in the rock scene with her unusual voice. In my opinion she has only used 80 to 85 percent of her voice’s classical potential. Even today she still visits me to work with her voice. As a student and as a human Tarja Turunen is a pleasant and sensitive woman.”
CREDIT GOES TO tarjaissuchadiva.com

No comments:

Post a Comment